|CT10 - Danger on Tiki Island|
|Release Date||June 15, 2010|
|AKA|| Brides of Blood|
Island of Living Horror
|Movie Director|| Gerardo de Leon|
|Cast|| Kent Taylor|
|Preceded by||The Alien Factor|
|Followed by||War of the Insects|
Prologue: Joel introduces the cast and they take their seats.
Quotes & References
- "Oh, Ashley! Fiddle-dee-dee!"
A quote from the character Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind. Ashley was the name of one of her male suitors.
- "Oh, she was the best Darren."
Inspired by the fact that the TV sitcom Bewitched had 2 different actors in the role of Darren Stevens, since Dick York left the show due to health issues and was replaced by Dick Sargent. Some fans argue over which Darren was best.
- "...and the Tijuana Brass!"
The Tijuana Brass is the back-up band of American jazz musician Herb Alpert.
- "Hey, it's like the CBS logo if it were on The Flintstones!"
The logo for the American television broadcasting network CBS is a stylized image of an eye. The Flintstones is a long-running animated TV comedy set during caveman times, though the characters have access to rough-hewn modern conveniences (such as televisions and phonographs) that are carved out of stone.
- "Featuring Sammy Spear and his All-Boy Orchestra!"
Sammy Spear was an American composer. He was also the musical director for The Jackie Gleason Show. Frank is mimicking Gleason's vocal style.
- "And later that day/When they pulled into the bay/Came the wreck of the Double Entendre."
Josh is singing to the tune of the song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot.
- "They're so primitive their Shriners don't even drive those little cars."
The Shriners is a fraternal organization whose members are known for appearing in parades wearing fezzes and driving tiny electric cars.
- "Let's have a funeral now/Everybody's learnin' how..."
Joel is singing to the tune of "Surfin' Safari" by the Beach Boys.
- "This guy's like Bob Goulet after a Grand Slam breakfast."
Robert "Bob" Goulet was an American actor and singer. He was known for his thick moustache and sonorous voice. A Grand Slam breakfast is a combination meal at the diner-style restaurant chain Denny's. It consists of pancakes, eggs, bacon and/or sausage, and it can leave the diner somewhat logy.
- "She has a background-hottie-on-Hee-Haw kind of hotness."
Hee-Haw was a long-running musical-variety TV show that focused on country/western music and rural-based comedy. The cast featured several attractive young ladies who were known as the Hee-Haw Honeys. The show's family-friendly reputation gave the Honeys a veneer of wholesomeness, despite the fact that were often dressed provocatively.
- "...from Prange Way!"
Prange Way is a now-defunct chain of discount retail stores that operated in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota.
- "What can Chris Isaak do to save this movie?"
Chris Isaak is an American pop singer. He wears his hair in a retro-rockabilly style similar to the actor in this shot.
- "Stephanie Powers? (growl)"
Stephanie Powers in an American actress known for co-starring in the TV series Hart to Hart and The Girl from UNCLE.
- "Sorry about all the smoke. Michael Phelps is 'training'."
Swimmer Michael Phelps was photographed using a bong to smoke marijuana at a party some time after he won 8 gold medals at the 2008 Olympic games. The picture caused a scandal and Phelps lost some valuable endorsement deals.
- Directors de Leon and Romero have a tangential connection to the RiffTrax project The Revenge of Dr. X. The credits for their film Mad Doctor of Blood Island were mistakenly attributed to the film Venus Flytrap by the home video distribution company that released it.
- A DVD was released in 2010. It is no longer in production but is available second-hand through several online venues.
- A Boxed Set with all Cinematic Titanic recorded presentations was released by Shout! Factory in 2017.
- It can be streamed for free at shoutfactorytv.com